The Animated Reading Rope
Dr. Hollis Scarborough’s Reading Rope provides a powerful illustration of the multiple strands of proficient reading and is central to AIM's Integrated Literacy Model. The rope model unravels the critical skills of word recognition and language comprehension. It directly informs our understanding of why some students succeed and some struggle and provides necessary direction for effective instruction. When we created lessons for the Pathways to Proficient Reading course in our AIM Pathways™ digital training platform, we included the Reading Rope of course, but brought the diagram to life with input from Reading Rope creator Dr. Hollis Scarborough herself.
Discover AIM Pathways
The complete Reading Rope video is one of hundreds of learning tools that are included in our AIM Pathways professional development courses. AIM's Pathways to Proficient Reading and Pathways to Structured Literacy and Practicum courses are IDA Accredited and all course work aligns to the IDA's Knowledge and Practice Standards for Teachers of Reading.
AIM Pathways training is very comprehensive, high-quality, and research-based. Throughout, the focus is not just on the reasons why, but on practical strategies too. The course have had a great impact on our teachers.
-Angela Ashley, Supervisor of Instruction, School District of the City of York, Pa.
AIM Pathways™ professional development experiences are created by educators in collaboration with top researchers, focusing on evidence-based best practices in literacy instruction.
- Four Courses with the flexibility of 24/7 online learning
- Course work accredited by the International Dyslexia Association as a structured literacy training programs aligned to the IDA Knowledge and Practice Standards (KPS).
- Sustainable model aligned to your MTSS/RTII framework
- Engaging multi-modal content, from case studies to interactive exercises.
- Explores practical approaches and applicable classroom tools and resources.
- Support from expert AIM facilitators in synchronous group coaching sessions.
AIM Pathways is open to individual educators as well as school-wide, system-wide, and state-wide cohorts.