EarlyBird Literacy Screening
Research shows that identifying children at risk for reading difficulties before they start struggling with reading is critical to providing intervention to help them become proficient readers. At AIM we work with students with diagnosed language-based learning differences in 1st-12th grade.
But we know all children can benefit from being screened for potential reading problems before entering school. To that end, AIM is excited to partner with EarlyBird Education to offer families and children ages 4-6 a game-based dyslexia screening and word reading benchmarking tool that can help identify and support children at risk for dyslexia and other reading difficulties — even before they learn to read.
Developed and scientifically validated at Boston Children’s Hospital in partnership with faculty at the Florida Center for Reading Research, EarlyBird brings together all the relevant predictors of reading in one easy screener that can be taken on campus at AIM or online in a one-on-one session using an iPad tablet.
AIM offers both in-person (Philadelphia-area only) and remote opportunities for children (ages 4-6) to complete the screener.
Fee for the screening, which is performed by a trained AIM staff member and includes a report with resources, suggested activities to support reading and next steps, is $199.
Register below to learn more and schedule your screening session.
- What are the technical requirements? Families must have a tablet device accessible to the child in order to administer the assessment remotely.
- What is included in the $199 price?
- A dedicated and licensed professional to guide you through the process and provide an individualized experience.
- An initial consultation to get to know your therapist prior to the screening administration.
- EarlyBird, a fun and delightful game-based screening, provides a comprehensive analysis of early literacy skills for children ages 4-6 or entering kindergarten or first grade
- Results and actionable next steps shared by your dedicated speech and language therapist to share the screening results and provide actionable next steps for practicing literacy skills with your child.
- Have More Questions? Contact email@example.com
- This screening IS NOT a diagnostic assessment
EarlyBird is the all-in-one easy to administer dyslexia screener and word reading benchmarking tool.
EarlyBird is a fun and delightful game-based assessment. Appropriate for pre-readers, it was developed by researchers, for educators, to identify children at risk for dyslexia and other reading in the window when intervention is most effect.
Developed and scientifically validated at Boston Children’s Hospital in partnership with the Florida Center for Reading Research, EarlyBird integrates key literacy milestones shown to be most predictive of later reading success with powerful analytics to identify where children are struggling on their learning pathway and points to just-right interventions.