Pathways to Structured Literacy: The Orton-Gillingham Approach
Cost for Course: $950
October 25, 2021 - March 14, 2022
Cost for Course with Practicum: $2,600
Practicum: January 24 2021 - June 20, 2022
See Pacing Guide For Schedule
Entire Course is Taken Online
Completion of Pathways to Proficient Reading Is Required Before Enrolling in this Course
- Continues to strengthen educators’ knowledge and understanding of the science of reading by providing multiple opportunities to apply this knowledge to classroom instruction.
- The content of the course is Orton-Gillingham based and includes the option to complete the online course work, virtual-community-of-practice sessions, and a practicum.
- Contains a VAST resource library of videos, articles and exercises for educators to use in their practice. Read Course Syllabus Here
- Participants who complete the practicum will be eligible to sit for the KPEERI exam which can lead to certification as a Certified Structured Literacy Teacher.
- Includes 9-Sections
- 4 Synchronous Virtual Community of Practice Sessions with an AIM facilitator
- IDA-Accredited following the IDA's Knowledge and Practice Standards for Teachers of Reading (KPS)
Pathways to Structured Literacy and Teaching Level Orton-Gillingham Practicum
In addition to the full online Pathways to Structured Literacy Course, individuals enrolling in the course and Teaching Level Orton-Gillingham Practicum receive:
- 15 hours of coursework (virtual and in-person)
- Required readings with written summaries
- 60 supervised contact hours with student(s) and submission of lesson plans, student profile(s), and other required documentation
- 5 observational feedback meetings
- 14 virtual implementation meetings
- Comprehensive exam
Prerequisite: Completion of Pathways to Proficient Reading
Book Required: Multisensory Teaching of Basic Language Skills (4th Edition). Purchase Here
AIM is thrilled to work with educators and education leaders around the country and honored that AIM Pathways courses have been approved as quality professional development in more than 18 states.
Some of our state partners have chosen facilitated courses tailored to specific state requirements. If you are an educator or education leader in Arizona, please find details and course dates for state specific training below.