Director of Research
The Director of Research is charged with designing (independently or collaboratively) and delivering and implementing research designs, logic models, research implementation plans, data collection for ongoing school based and educational outreach based training and coaching grounded in the theoretical frameworks of literacy instruction.
- Masters Degree or higher in Educational Research, Literacy or Dyslexia Research, Science of Reading, or a related field
- A minimum of three years of experience in this type of research
- 3 strong references
- Evidence of conference or poster presentations, written articles, etc.
- Experience in leading a research design implementation in the field (educational field)
- Ability to travel nationwide
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to relocate to Philadelphia area
Responsibilities (minimal responsibilities):
- Participate in development and presentation of all aspects of the research study to prospective and existing AIM Institute clients.
- Collaboration with AIM’s Research Advisory Board Members
- Collaboration with AIM’s Research Partners as part of the Haskins Global Literacy Hub worldwide
- Develop and maintain relationships with AIM institute clients.
- Development of Research Design and Logic Model using theoretical frameworks and best practices for literacy instruction to design measurements in educator knowledge (teachers, coaches and administrators), educator practice, and student outcomes.
- Continuous refinement and enhancement of assessment measures and strategies.
- School plans and use of the data to design MTSS or RTI models for schools.
- Planning guides for oversight for data collection and use.
- Development of IRB requirements and protocols.
Training and Coaching
- Oversight of the delivery of the researched implementation training and coaching plan to ensure fidelity to the model.
- Collaboration with Director of Instructional Coaching and Training to ensure adherence to the protocols.
- Conducting site visits to schools to observe the process.
- Travel required (nationwide).
- Maintaining accurate records of all research data and strict protocol alignment with HIPPA and other data security methods.
- Adherence to IRB requirements.
Communication and Dissemination
- Will be responsible for the timely communication of all research data notes to AIM Institute Leadership and client.
- Will promptly inform on any outstanding issues in the field and will actively collaborate to resolve or improve.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required for conference presentations, poster presentations, peer reviewed articles, educational articles, writing of white papers, etc.
Please submit a cover letter and resume/vita to the AIM Institute for Learning & Research HR Director, Cheryl Ferst at firstname.lastname@example.org.