How It Works
The AIM Institute for Learning & Research® has been simultaneously developing teacher-training programs for its teachers as well as for professionals outside of AIM in the form of stand-and-deliver courses. This course material will soon be available virtually on a new dynamic digital training platform called AIM PATHWAYS™.
AIM Pathways is:
- Mapped to the IDA Knowledge and Practice Standards (KPS) and has been submitted to IDA for accreditation.
- A scalable, affordable solution for schools where the implementation goal is to create internal coaches and school-based literacy leaders trained to support the science of reading.
- A unique tool post training for teachers' onsite coaching and grade-level teacher meetings.
- An important program to onboard new teachers and to sustain the school’s investment in developing a cohesive, comprehensive literacy program through all grades.
- An opportunity to enhance teacher knowledge (both pre-service and in-service educators).
- Accessible to teachers via a variety of devices (iPads and mobile phones) to use as a tool when working with children.
The Digital Platform Courses Feature:
- Built-in student simulations
- Applied practice activities
- Personalized learning paths for teachers based on their knowledge and skills.
- Videos from experts and of classroom best practices
- Case studies of students
“This goal to reach all struggling readers and to educate teachers requires training that is affordable, scalable and research driven,” said Pat Roberts, AIM Executive Director. “Awareness has been raised about the importance of teaching the science of reading thanks in large part to parent groups like Decoding Dyslexia and organizations such as the IDA.”
With 64% of all students in the United States not reading at grade level and many students sitting in classrooms with an undiagnosed learning difference, it is more critical than ever that we make literacy a priority across our communities (NAEP, 2017).