Graduate Credits for AIM Pathways
Providing education students and teachers access to courses grounded in the science of reading is critical to improving reading outcomes for all students. The AIM Institute for Learning & Research is pleased to collaborate with Arcadia University to offer the opportunity to receive 3 Graduate Credits for successful completion of the IDA-Accredited Pathways to Proficient Reading course.
- In order to qualify for graduate credits that Arcadia will accept, participants must average 83% for their total grade.
- The Pathways to Proficient reading grade is determined by participation in Pre and Post Knowledge Inventory, platform courses and the 8 virtual community of practice sessions provided during the course.
- Registration for graduate credits through Arcadia must be complete one month prior to the end of the course.
- Cost per graduate credits is $150 (Total Cost = $450)
- Graduate credits cannot be applied for after the course is complete.
- PA Act 48 and NY CTLE Credits are available for the entire course.
Arcadia's Literacy faculty are thrilled that the School of Education is partnering with the AIM Institute to offer university credit for AIM's Pathways to Reading Program. The AIM Institute and Arcadia's School of Ed have a shared mission that all PA youth can #Readby4th. We know that expanding teachers' understanding of the science of reading has the potential to be a gamechanger in this region and we are proud to be part of that work. As an IDA accredited program, Arcadia is committed to building capacity in schools to meet the diverse needs of all learners and we look forward to expanding our relationship with AIM toward this shared value.
-Kim Dean, Chair, Arcadia's School of Education