AIM Pathways for Oklahoma
SPACE REMAINS in our FREE winter training sessions for Pathways Proficient Reading. Choose a cohort schedule that suits your needs and register today.
The Oklahoma Department of Education has partnered with AIM Institute for Learning & Research to provide comprehensive literacy training to K-12 educators working with students with dyslexia as required by state legislation. These state-funded, online Pathways to Proficient Reading courses are IDA-accredited and eligible of graduate credits.
AIM Pathways coursework includes community of practice sessions with expert AIM facilitators and is designed for educators who are committed to learning about the connection between reading research, theoretical models such as the Simple View of Reading and Scarborough’s Reading Rope, and best practices for language and literacy instruction in the classroom within an MTSS. Participating educators and administrators will also learn to identify dyslexia indicators and learn effective classroom instruction to meet the needs of all students including those with dyslexia.
Questions? Kristen Coleman, email@example.com 405
Virtual Community of Practice sessions with AIM facilitators beginning December 2023.
Course Schedule and Registration
Pathways to Proficient Reading is an IDA-accredited foundational course in the science of reading, designed for educators committed to learning about the connection between reading research, theoretical models such as the Simple View of Reading and Scarborough’s Reading Rope, and best practices for language and literacy instruction in the classroom.
Participation in an asynchronous pre-knowledge inventory
Completion of 17 asynchronous learning sections (approx. 45 hours)
Participation in six one-hour synchronous coaching community of practice sessions
Completion of post-knowledge inventory
There are 8 Course Cohorts available with different days and times for the six 1-hour Virtual Community of Practice (VCoP) sessions included in the course. Click the links for complete schedules and use the registration button to complete your registration. Please note that these courses are only open to Oklahoma educators.
- VCOP Sessions Pacing Guide: Mondays at 4:00 pm
- VCOP Sessions Pacing Guide: Tuesdays at 7:00 am
- VCOP Sessions Pacing Guide: Tuesdays at 3:30 pm
- VCOP Sessions Pacing Guide: Wednesdays at 3:15 pm
- VCOP Sessions Pacing Guide: Wednesdays at 3:45 pm
- VCOP Sessions Pacing Guide: Thursdays at 3:30 pm
- VCOP Sessions Pacing Guide: Thursdays at 4:00 pm
- VCOP Sessions Pacing Guide: Saturdays at 9:00 am
Learn from an AIM PATHWAYS™ partner about this unique, interactive digital platform designed to deliver evidence-based and IDA-accredited teacher training in the science of reading.
- What is AIM Pathways?
- What is the Learn, Practice, Apply Cycle?
- How Long Does it Take to Complete AIM Pathways Courses?
- What are Virtual Communities of Practice?
- What Are the Technical Requirements for Using AIM Pathways?
- Are these resources subject to copyright?
- How do I receive Arcadia University Graduate Credits?
For technical questions regarding AIM Pathways, contact the help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.