AIM Pathways for Ohio Educational Service Centers
Mission of the Project
Educators from Ohio's Educational Service Centers who have completed the Pathways to Proficient Reading course or comparable training can further develop build their knowledge and skills to create structured literacy lessons through the IDA-accredited Pathways to Structured Literacy course. Taking this course is a way to further assist Ohio teachers with the urgent need for evidence-based practices in reading instruction.
Pathways to Structured Literacy
This IDA-accredited course is perfect for educators who have completed the Pathways to Proficient Reading course and are interested in creating diagnostic and prescriptive literacy instruction that effectively uses assessment data in foundational reading and spelling skills. Participants will build their knowledge of the science of reading and will have many opportunities to transfer the learning to the classroom. The content of the course is Orton-Gillingham based and includes online coursework and virtual-community-of-practice session.
Pathways to Structured Literacy Commitment Includes:
- Book Required: Multisensory Teaching of Basic Language Skills (4th Edition). Purchase Here
- Prerequisite: Completion of Pathways to Proficient Reading
- 12-month access to AIM Pathways content and resources. Read Course Syllabus Here
- Includes 9-Sections
- 4 Synchronous Virtual Community of Practice Sessions with an AIM facilitator
- Comprehensive exam
- 30 hours available for CEUs
- Required readings with written summaries
- 60 supervised contact hours with student(s) and submission of lesson plans, student profile(s), and other required documentation
- 6 formal observations with feedback
- 10 virtual implementation meetings
- Participants who complete the practicum will be eligible to sit for the KPEERI exam which can lead to certification as a Structured Literacy Dyslexia Interventionist.
All participants are eligible for 3 hours of graduate credit upon successful completion of the course.
Graduate credits are available through Arcadia University.
Pathways to Proficient Reading
Pathways to Proficient Reading is an IDA-accredited foundational course in the science of reading, designed for educators committed to learning about the connection between reading research, theoretical models such as the Simple View of Reading and Scarborough’s Reading Rope, and best practices for language and literacy instruction in the classroom.
Pathways to Proficient Reading Commitment Includes:
- Participation in an asynchronous pre-knowledge inventory
- Completion of 17 asynchronous learning sections (approx. 40 hours)
- Participation in six one-hour synchronous coaching community of practice sessions
- Completion of post-knowledge inventory
12-Month access to the AIM Pathways Platform - Course Syllabus
45 hours available for CEUs
Available 24/7 anywhere you have an internet connection.
Multiple learning modes. Makes learning more personalized.
Live coaching sessions with a certified AIM facilitator.
For technical questions regarding AIM Pathways, contact the help desk at email@example.com.