Pathways to Proficient Writing
Pathways to Proficient Writing is designed for educators that are committed to learning about the connection between writing research, theoretical models such as the Not-So-Simple View of Writing and The Writing Cycle, and best practices for writing instruction in the classroom. Participants will learn effective instructional practices that will benefit all students, including linguistically diverse populations and those with or at risk for language-based learning disabilities.
At the end of this professional development opportunity, you will be able to draw from your specialized knowledge of the processes and skills that comprise writing (including planning and organizing ideas, translating ideas, using transcription skills, and reviewing, revising, and editing) to increase your students’ writing proficiency.
- Online Orientation and Pre- and Post-Course Knowledge Inventory
- 10-Section Pathways to Proficient Writing Course (Click for Detailed Syllabus)
- 4 live Virtual Community of Practice Sessions (VCoPs) with an AIM facilitator
- Pacing Guide/Schedule for Coursework
- Time needed to dedicate to the course - approximately 20 hours total
- 12 Months Access to the AIM Pathways platform to access, review, and apply materials in the classroom when needed
- Aligned to the IDA's Knowledge and Practice Standards for Teachers of Reading
- 30 hours available for CEUs
Arcadia University offers three graduate credits with an additional cost for successful completion of the Pathways to Proficient Reading Course and community of practice sessions on the AIM Pathways platform.
Interested in AIM Pathways courses but live in a country that doesn't align with United States time zones?
Click here to learn how international participants not in the U.S. geographic region can complete Pathways to Proficient Reading and Pathways to Proficient Writing course.
To register for an AIM Pathways course:
- Click the Registration button under your selected course.
- On the Catalog page, click on the Price/Shopping Cart button for your course to add it to your cart.
- If you are registering yourself, View your shopping cart to Proceed to Checkout where you will be prompted to create an account and complete your purchase.
- If you are registering someone else OR, If you are registering multiple people, first, click the box "Purchase on behalf of others", next, type in the number of people you are registering, click the blue refresh button, then click Proceed to Checkout. Click "Continue as Guest" on the bottom of the page to continue registering.
- If you click Proceed to Checkout and see "You are logged in as:", you must use Incognito mode
- If you registered for someone else, once your purchase is approved, you will receive an email with an Enrollment Key. Please share that key with your participants.
- For questions please reach out to Client Support.
Have Questions or Want to Start a Conversation about Training for More than 20 Educators or Department of Education professional learning opportunities?