Pathways to Proficient Reading
Pathways to Proficient Reading is online professional development introducing the Science of Reading to educators, special educators and reading specialists looking to incorporate the Science of Reading into classroom practice, and learn the best strategies for language and literacy instruction.
PLEASE NOTE: These are general open enrollment course dates. Arizona, Delaware, Ohio, and Rhode Island Educators, please scroll to the bottom of this page to find links for state-specific course options.
Have Questions or Want to Start a Conversation about Small Group, School Cohort or Department of Education professional training opportunities?
- Online Orientation
- Pre-Course Proctored Knowledge Inventory
- 17 Section Pathways to Proficient Reading Course (See Detailed Syllabus)
- 6 Virtual Community of Practice Coaching Sessions
- Pacing Guide/Schedule for Course Work
- 12 Months Access to the AIM Pathways platform so materials can be reviewed, applied and accessed in the classroom when needed.
- 55 CEU-credit hours available for PA Act 48 and NY CTLE
- Graduate Credits Available through Arcadia University
Arcadia University offers three graduate credits with an additional cost for successful completion of the Pathways to Proficient Reading Course and community of practice sessions on the AIM Pathways platform.
AIM is thrilled to work with educators and education leaders around the country and honored that AIM Pathways courses are approved as quality professional development in more than 20 states.
Some of our state partners have chosen facilitated courses tailored to specific state requirements. If you are an educator or education leader in these states, please find details and course dates for state specific training below.
Why Pathways to Proficient Reading?
Research shows that traditional stand and deliver workshops are ineffective at changing instructional practices. Teachers find it difficult to translate theoretical models into classroom practice. For that reason, AIM PATHWAYS™courses are designed to follow a Learn, Practice and Apply cycle.
- Participants acquire knowledge through hundreds of learning tools including articles, teacher classroom videos, animations and videos of experts in the field.
- Participants will practice with specially-designed interactive activities and downloadable resources to help them translate their new knowledge into instructional practice.
- Participants demonstrate understanding of the content by applying their new knowledge to real life classroom scenarios via multi-step student case studies.
- All Pathways participants receive virtual coaching sessions with AIM facilitators to support knowledge acquisition and classroom implementation.