Pathways to Proficient Reading
Pathways to Proficient Reading is designed as a blended learning professional development opportunity introducing the Science of Reading to educators, special educators and reading specialists looking to incorporate evidence-based practices for language and literacy instruction.
Have Questions or Want to Start a Conversation about Training for More than 20 Educators or Department of Education professional learning opportunities?
- Asynchronous Orientation and Pre-Course Knowledge Inventory Assessment
- 17 Section Pathways to Proficient Reading Course (Click for Detailed Syllabus)
- 6 live Virtual Community of Practice Sessions (VCoPs)
- Pacing Guide offering recommended schedule for coursework completion
- 12 Month Access to the AIM Pathways platform to access, review, and apply materials in the classroom when needed
- 55 hours available for CEUs
IDA-Accreditation and KPEERI Exam
Pathways to Proficient Reading is IDA-Accredited with coursework aligned to the Knowledge and Practice Standards for Teachers of Reading. Course completion prepares participants to take the Knowledge and Practice Examination for Effective Reading Instruction (KPEERI) through the Center for Effective Reading Instruction and receive Structured Literacy Classroom Teacher certification when they pass the exam. Learn more here.
Arcadia University offers three graduate credits with an additional cost for successful completion of the Pathways to Proficient Reading Course and community of practice sessions on the AIM Pathways platform.
Interested in AIM Pathways courses but live in a country that doesn't align with United States time zones?
Click here to learn how international participants not in the U.S. geographic region can complete Pathways to Proficient Reading and Pathways to Proficient Writing course.
To register for an AIM Pathways course:
- Click the Registration button under your selected course.
- On the Catalog page, click on the Price/Shopping Cart button for your course to add it to your cart.
- If you are registering yourself, View your shopping cart to Proceed to Checkout where you will be prompted to create an account and complete your purchase.
- If you are registering someone else OR, If you are registering multiple people, first, click the box "Purchase on behalf of others" (a white check will appear in the box), next, type in the number of people you are registering, click the blue refresh button, then click Proceed to Checkout.
- For multiple registrations, Click "Continue as Guest" on the bottom of the page.
- For single registration, create an account or log in.
- If you registered for someone else, once your purchase is approved, you will receive an email with an Enrollment Key. Please share that key with your participants.
- For questions please reach out to Client Support.
AIM is thrilled to work with educators and education leaders around the country and honored that AIM Pathways courses are approved as quality professional development in more than 20 states.
Some of our state partners have chosen facilitated courses tailored to specific state requirements. If you are an educator or education leader in these states, please find details and course dates for state specific training below.
Research shows that traditional stand and deliver workshops are ineffective at changing instructional practices. Teachers find it difficult to translate theoretical models into classroom practice. For that reason, AIM PATHWAYS™courses are designed to follow a Learn, Practice and Apply cycle.
- Participants acquire knowledge through hundreds of learning tools including articles, teacher classroom videos, animations and videos of experts in the field.
- Participants will practice with specially-designed interactive activities and downloadable resources to help them translate their new knowledge into instructional practice.
- Participants demonstrate understanding of the content by applying their new knowledge to real life classroom scenarios via multi-step student case studies.
- All Pathways participants receive virtual coaching sessions with AIM facilitators to support knowledge acquisition and classroom implementation.